Seminars and Events
INBRE/IDeA Sponsored Events:
- Fourth Biennial Western Regional IDeA Scientific Conference, October 12-14, 2015, Cour d' Alene ID.
Fall 2014 INBRE Videoconference Seminar Series:
- Dr. Jason Gigley. NK Cells in Adaptive Immunity and Immune Regulation during Toxoplasma gondii infection. Noon Friday November 5, 2014.
Seminars are at noon MST at the following Outreach Videoconference Network locations:
- Torrington - Eastern Wyoming College, Tebbet 252
- Sheridan - Sheridan College, Watt Bldg 132 or 130 (March and April)
- Rock Springs - Western Wyoming College, Room 1229E
- Riverton - Central Wyoming College, ITECC 105
- Cheyenne - Laramie County Community College, AB 202
- Casper - University of Wyoming at Casper, UU 326
- Laramie - University of Wyoming, Wyoming Hall 304 or 312 (March and April)
- Powell - Northwest College, ORB 122
Spring 2014 Wyoming Bioinformatics mini-Symposium
- April 16 8am-3pm Wyoming Union Yellowstone Ballroom. Speakers include Matthew B. McQueen from the Department of Integrative Physiology in the Institute for Behavioral Genetics University of Colorado, Greg Voth Haig P. Papazian Distinguished Service Professor in the Department of Chemistry at The University of Chicago and Rongsong Liu from UW.
Spring 2014 INBRE Videoconference Seminar Series:
- Lineage-specific processes of genome diversification. Dr. David Liberles, University of Wyoming Department of Molecular Biology. Noon Wednesday, February 19, 2014.
- Optimizing Recombinant Glycoprotein Production in the Baculovirus-Insect Cell System. Dr. Donald Jarvis, University of Wyoming Department of Molecular Biology. Noon, Friday March 28, 2014.
- Chemical Castration of the Coyote (Canis latrans): From the laboratory to the field. Marjorie McGregor, Ph.D. candidate, Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming. Noon Friday April 4, 2014.
- NSF EPSCoR Workshop in Bioinformatics
- 3-5 March 2013 Little Rock, AR Funding Available for Ph.D. Student(s). See this document for more information.
- Spring External Advisory Committee Conference
- 9-10 April 2013, UW Conference Center and Hilton Garden Inn, Laramie Wyoming
- Wyoming Undergraduate Research Day
- 27 April 2013 , University of Wyoming Laramie, WY More Information
Fall 2013 INBRE Videoconference Seminar Series:
- Agent Orange and environmental and health issues in Vietnam. Diem Phan, Ph.D. candidate, Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming. Noon Friday November 1, 2013.
- Optimizing Recombinant Glycoprotein Production in the Baculovirus-Insect Cell System. Dr. Donald Jarvis, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Wyoming. Noon Friday December 6th, 2013.
Fall 2012 Committee Meetings
November 14 INBRE Internal Advisory Committee Meeting
November 19-20 INBRE External Advisory Committee Conference
Spring 2012 Wyoming INBRE External Advisory Conference:
- 9-10 April 2012, UW Conference Center and Hilton Garden Inn, Laramie Wyoming
Spring 2011 INBRE Community Videoconference Seminar Series Schedule:
28 January, Dr. Stephen Ford (presenting from Laramie). Fetal programming or you are what your mother eats.
25 February, Dr. Min Du (presenting from Laramie). Maternal obesity and fetal skeletal muscle development.
8 April, Dr. Paul Johnson (presenting from Laramie). A low-cost, point-of-care system for real-time diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis.
- 29 April, Dr Ami Wangeline (presenting from LCCC). Ultrastructural changes and crystal formation in filamentous selnophilic fungi.
Fall 2011 INBRE Community Videoconference Seminar:
- Nov 9, 2012 TRP Channels: Truly Remarkable Proteins in Physiology and Disease
- 11 November 2011, Dr. John Oakey (presenting from Laramie) . Microfluidics for diagnostics and therapeutics.
WY INBRE Sponsored Events:
- Dr. David Pollock, PhD from University of Colorado will present "Transposable elements, mutation, and the evolution of vertebrate genomes" at 2pm on 1/23/13 at the University of Wyoming in HS 463.
- September 13-15, 2012, Community College 2012 Retreat in Jackson Hole, WY.
- Dr. Peter Grant and Dr. Rosemary Grant presenting, The Evolution of Darwin's Finches.
September 26, 2012, Casper Outreach Building Rm 150 (951 N. Poplar Street) at 7pm
September 27, 2012, Laramie Berry Center Rm 138 (10th and Lewis) reception at 3:40pm and seminar at 4:10pm
- July 13, 2012, Undergraduate Research Symposium
- June 25-27, 2012, National IDeA Meeting in Bethesda, MD.
- Wednesday April 27, 2011, 12:00 PM. Pharmacy Building 293. Ming-Hui Zou, M.D., Ph.D. Redox Regulation of Endothelial Cell Phenotype: Role of AMP activated protein kinase
- Wednesday April 4, 2012, Nutrition Science Seminars. More Information
- Wednesday April 11, 2012, Mobile Technology and Rural Health Conference. Registration
- Saturday April 21, 2012, Wyoming Undergraduate Research Day hosted with Wyoming EPSCoR. More Information
Western Region INBRE Summer 2011 Internship Programs:
- National Center for Genomic Research New Mexico Bioinformatics Population-level Genetic Diversity Symposium, Santa Fe, NM, March 24-25, 2011
- Western INBRE Biannual Conference- University of Nevada- Reno, June 6-7, 2011
- March 22-23, 2012, New Mexico IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (NM-INBRE) and the National Center for Genome Resources (NCGR) 2012 New Mexico BioInformatics, Science and Technology Symposium (NMBIST) focusing on the study of functional genomics. More Information